CCDEH seeks to recognize outstanding leadership in food safety by selecting a qualified candidate for the Gary Erbeck Food Safety Leadership Award. The award was presented at the Food Systems Symposium being held May 10-12 2017 at the Westin in Long Beach.
NOMINATIONS WERE DUE MARCH 31, 2017
The nominations will be evaluated based on the submitted information including, but not limited to:
- Number of years in food safety.
- Activities related to the advancement of food safety.
- Leadership events in advancing food safety.
- Previous recognition for food safety
The Immediate Past President shall be responsible for coordinating:
1. The preparation of the individual plaque which will be presented to the winner.
2. Engraving the name of the winner on the perpetual plaque.
3. Presentation on behalf of CCDEH at the Food Systems Symposium:
-Personal plaque to the winner
4. Adding the winner’s name to the perpetual list of awardees in the Procedure Manual.
If all reasonable attempts have been made and there is no successful candidate for the award, it will not be presented.
2017 - Liza Frias, Orange County Director of Environmental Health Services (Presented at the Long Beach S3)
2015 - Lisa O'Malley, San Francisco City/County Department of Public Health (Presented at the Sacramento S3)
2013 - Elizabeth Morgan, Sierra County (Presented at the Riverside S3)
2011 – John Rogers – County of Sacramento (Presented in Monterey)
2009 - Gary R. Erbeck – County of San Diego (Presented in San Diego at first Food Symposium)