Salary: $103,750.40 - $139,027.20 Annually
Location: Oroville/Chico Area, CA
Job Type: Regular Help
Department: Public Health Department
Job Number: 184009130
Closing: 7/23/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Under general direction, directs the activities of the Public Health Department's administrative services, functions and staff. Assures compliance of department activities with state and federal laws, department goals and objectives, and county policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Manages and directs the daily activities of the Administrative Services work group through appropriate delegation, managerial support, and work supervision; serves as Department Head in the absence of the Director, Public Health.
- Screens and assigns workload; plans, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; directs the development of performance standards; approves promotions and terminations.
- Counsels, trains and coaches staff; monitors work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance; identifies training needs and provides training for staff.
- Meets regularly with Supervisors to offer support and guidance; analyzes and evaluates issues and proposals, and recommends and implements solutions.
- Monitors operations and procedures; evaluates department issues, and recommends and implements solutions; develops and approves recommendations for improving the department's operations and processes; assures that strategic goals are reached.
- Develops, evaluates and implements department goals, objectives, policies and procedures; develops systems and standards for program evaluation, and assures departmental activities are in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations and goals.
- Conducts research and strategic planning functions; analyzes trends and makes recommendations for staffing adjustments and personnel assignments; directs department projects including grants and capital projects.
- Directs the preparation of reports, which summarize and forecast department financial activity and financial position; reviews department's financial status and revenue trends.
- Serves as information source and liaison between Administrative Services and various organizations and agencies; serves on committees, task forces and other groups.
- Develops and monitors department budget; prepares special and recurring cost and expenditure reports.
- Analyzes information system trends and issues, and recommends direction of new I.S. strategies.
- Assures functionality, compatibility and stability of Information Systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, Health Sciences, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or any closely related field.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a professional field, including three (3) years supervisory and management experience.
- Employees hired into this classification must file statements of economic interest with the Butte County Clerk/Recorder.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment.