Requisition Number: WIL-5166
Position Type: Salaried
Division: Insulation Systems
Position Family: Risk Management
If you are as passionate as we are about the environment and protecting today to ensure tomorrow, let us know and apply today. At Johns Manville, we protect our employees, communities, environments and the world. We are currently hiring an Environmental Specialist in Willows, CA. The Willows Plant Environmental Specialist has responsibility for leading the environmental compliance function at the fiberglass manufacturing facility. The focus is to ensure effective management of environmental systems while maintaining a safe workplace and compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks.
- Act as a regulatory compliance resource
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all of JM policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed in a manner that protects ground waters and surface tributaries from contamination and is in compliance with the plant's operating discharge permit.
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead a plant-wide effort to minimize these by reducing wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials.
- Assist EHS Manager and JM Corporate Environmental to evaluate and determine appropriate permitting and abatement strategies for projects that may have an impact on existing air quality permits with an emphasis on NESHAP, NSPS, NSR/PSD, and USEPA/CARB/GCAPCD regulatory requirements.
- Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies as required and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote the company's environmental initiatives at public hearings, meeting.
- Develop action plans for environmental activities, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to EHS manager.
- Qualify all personnel involved in water sampling and testing, maintaining environmental abatement equipment, emergency procedures, and handling of hazardous materials and wastes.